Official Site of FLL Broward County, Florida
Construction Activities from April 14 - 19 and April 21 - 26
Contractors will perform the following work:
Runway Structures (Areas 4 and 6)
- Completing the installation of the mechanical, electrical, piping, and fire alarm systems in the utility building.
- Installing the ventilation, lighting, fire detection, and fire suppression systems in the tunnels.
Ramps and Roadwork
- Building the ramp and bridge structure in Area 1.
- Preparing the site for the airport exit ramp to US 1 southbound.
Click on the image for a larger version.
- Placing top soil and laying sod in Area 5.
- Painting the retaining wall in Area 5.
- Installing the fall protection system in Area 5.
- Installing drainage in Areas 6, 9, and 10.
- Trucks hauling fill to Areas 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
- Building the retaining wall in Areas 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
Terminal 4 (Area 13)
- Installing underground utilities.
- Pouring the concrete pile caps, columns, and walls.
- Constructing masonry walls.
- Installing piles.
- Installing shoring.
- Placing structural beams
- Installing the apron drainage.
- Removing unsuitable materials for the apron
Terminal 4 Parking Apron (Area 13)
- Installing drainage.
- Removing unsuitable materials.
- Pouring the concrete base layer in Areas 10, 11, and 12.
- Pouring the concrete top layer in Areas 10 and 11.
- Installing utilities, signs, and lights in Areas 10, 11, and 12.
- Paving the asphalt shoulders in Areas 10 and 11.
- Preparing the ground for the shoulder asphalt paving in Areas 10 and 11.
- Conducting site preparation in Areas 5, 6, 10, 11, and 12.
- Installing FAA navigational equipment in Areas 5, 6, and 11.
- Completing the terrazzo floor in the baggage claim level.
- Installing the terrazzo floor near the pre-security shops and restaurants on the ticket counter level.
Look at a larger version of the Construction Area Map (PDF).
Required Plug-ins:Adobe® Reader®
Back to Top