The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and North Perry Airport (HWO), a general aviation airport, form a diverse and dynamic airport system. This airport system serves the needs of over 23 million annual passengers and the general aviation community throughout South Florida.
FLL is ranked 21st in the U.S. in total passenger traffic and 13th in domestic origin and destination passengers. There are more than 300 departure and 300 arrival flights a day. FLL offers nonstop service to more than 100 U.S. cities and international service to Canada, Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Latin America, and Europe.
- 8,900 jobs on-airport jobs
- 28,100 related off-airport jobs
- $358 million in on-airport wages
- $2.383 billion in off-airport wages, indirect, induced impacts and other economic impacts
- Total economic impact of $2.741 billion (IMPLAM Economic Modeling)
Major Runway Expansion Underway
The FLL Airport Improvements and Renovations Program (FLLAIR) will involve both the South Runway and Terminal 4. The new South Runway will expand to 8,000 feet creating an estimated 11,000 construction jobs with a $1.4 billion impact to the regional economy. Terminal 4 will expand from 10 to 14 gates and increase concession choices for passengers.
Part of Broward County
Broward County, a political subdivision of the State of Florida, owns the two airports. The Airports are operated through the Broward County Board of County Commissioners. The Commission delegates the management and operations of FLL and HWO to the Broward County Aviation Department.
The two airports are monetarily self-supporting. We do not use any Broward County tax revenue to support the operations, maintenance, or capital improvements of the Airports. The Aviation Department generates funds through user fees, rentals, and other charges. Bonds, fees, and grants (state and federal) fund the capital improvement projects. Any surpluses are reinvested into the airport facilities.
Back to Top
Do You Have a Safety Concern?
A Typical Day At FLL
FLL averages 621 commercial flights on 30 airlines. There are also 125 private flights. Over 60,000 travelers pass through the four terminals at FLL.
What Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Offers You
- Nonstop flights to 60 U.S. and 36 international cities.
- International service to Canada, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Europe, Mexico, Central America, and South America.
- Over 12,000 parking spaces just minutes from the terminals.
- For cruise passengers, a short two mile ride to Port Everglades. Even the Port of Miami is less than an hour away.
- An onsite Rental Car Center (RCC) offers 12 car rental companies and more than 5,400 rental cars. The RCC is a short walk from Terminal 1 or you can take a shuttle ride from the other terminals.
What North Perry Airport Offers You
- Private and charter aircraft operators offering a full range of services such as aircraft refueling, repairs, catering, and flight planning facilities.
- An airfield system with four runways, the longest at 3,350 feet.
- Over 160 T-Hangars for aircraft storage.
- Flight instruction for airplanes and helicopters.