Master Plan Update, Final Summary Report
Executive Summary (PDF)
Chapter 1 – Introduction (PDF)
Chapter 2 – Forecast Summary (PDF)
Chapter 3 – Accommodating the Forecast (PDF)
Chapter 4 – Final Considerations (PDF)
Chapter 5 – Airfield Development, Land Issues and Operations (PDF)
Chapter 6 Terminal Development Options (PDF)
Chapter 7 – Support Facilities and General Aviation (PDF)
Chapter 8 – Conclusion (PDF)
Technical Appendix (PDF)
Master Plan Presentation
Jacobs Consultancy conducted a Master Plan Update and Implementation Presentation (PDF) to the Broward County Board of County Commissioners on May 11 , 2010. The County Commissioners approved sending the Master Plan to the FAA on May 25, 2010.
Aviation Planning Workshop
The Broward County Aviation Department held an Aviation Planning Workshop for the County Commission at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, January 22, 2008.
The Workshop discussed the terminal layout, a central component of the Master Plan, and financial planning for all capital projects for Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport. A question and answer period for the Commissioners followed the presentation.
Back to Top
Draft Terminal Layout Plan
The Draft Terminal Layout Plan is a preliminary terminal layout plan prepared by Jacobs Consultancy, Inc. (formerly known as Leigh Fisher Associates) as part of its Master Plan update tasks. The three terminal layout options are based on the Broward County Commission's stated preferred alternative as of December 2003, the South runway, including the decommissioning of the crosswind runway. It should be noted that each option is scalable to adjust to any of the runway alternatives being analyzed in the Environmental Impact Statement should another runway alternative be selected by the Board.
The financial analysis relative to the terminal choices is not available at this time. This information will be included in the Draft Master Plan to be presented to the Broward County Commission in December 2006. The financial analysis is a vital component to enable the Commission to make a decision on the Master Plan.
The Commission is not scheduled to take any official action until all information is received, including the Environmental Impact Study and the Noise Mitigation Program (from the Part 150 Study).
Back to Top
Agreement Approved For Phase 2
On April 25, 2006, the Commissioners approved the agreement with Leigh Fisher Associates to begin work on Master Plan Update Phase 2.
Final Summary Report
In addition to the County Commission, representatives from Jacobs Consultancy, Inc. (formerly known asLeigh Fisher Associates) presented the Master Plan Phase 1 at the following meetings:
- Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce on January 11, 2006.
- Davie Airport Advisory Board on January 23, 2006.
- Airlines Airport Affairs Committee on January 25, 2006.
- Dania Beach Airport Advisory Board on January 26, 2006.
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Advisory Board on January 26, 2006.
- Hollywood Airport Advisory Board on February 6, 2006.
- Melaleuca Homeowners Association on February 8, 2006.
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners held a Master Plan Update Workshop on Tuesday, October 18, 2005.
Jacobs Consultancy, Inc. (formerly known asLeigh Fisher Associates) presented to the Commissioners the initial draft of Phase 1 of the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Master Plan.
In addition, the Aviation Department updated the Commissioners on the status and schedule of other vital planning initiatives including the Environmental Impact Statement, Clean Airport Partnership, Inc. – Green Airport Initiative, and (FAR) Part 150, Airport Noise Compatibility Study.
Back to Top
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners engaged Jacobs Consultancy, Inc. (formerly known asLeigh Fisher Associates) to assist the Broward County Aviation Department in creating an Airport Development Plan Definition (ADPD). The ADPD is the first part of a two-phase update process for the FLL Master Plan, which addresses the expansion of FLL terminals and ancillary facilities from 2010 - 2020.
The ADPD process will provide County decision-makers with a range of potential future scenarios for the full build-out of FLL landside and terminal facilities. It will also provide a clear understanding of the technical issues associated with that build-out. Key areas addressed in the ADPD will include:
- Manage growth and impacts.
- Financial capacity once Airline Agreements expire in 2011.
- Airfield configuration, operational capacity and airspace compatibility.
- Terminal capacity and facilities.
- Landside access and parking.
- Synergies with Port Everglades, including the handling of cruise passengers.
- Role of 2020 Vision planning concepts.
- Balancing of airfield, terminal and landside development.
- Ongoing role of General Aviation at FLL.
- Development opportunities and constraints on the Airport's west side.
- Infrastructure needs (including fuel, power, water, sewer).
- Coordination with the Runway 9R/27L Environmental Impact Statement Consultant Team, the Part 150 Study and Environmental Services.
- Stakeholder involvement process.
The first in a series of public workshops was held on March 31, 2005, at the Broward County Convention Center. This workshop provided a general overview of the study.
Back to Top
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®