Construction Activities From May 13 – 18 and May 20 - 25
Contractors will perform the following work:
- Trucks hauling fill to Areas 4, 5 and 6 from the rock quarries.
- Constructing the retaining wall in Areas 5 and 6.
- Compacting the soil in Area 11 of the western sections of the old South Runway.
- Removing the remaining asphalt in Area 11.
- Installing drainage in Area 11.
- Closed the Diagonal Runway on May 6 in Area 10.
- Removing utilities from the Diagonal Runway in Area 10.
- Installing a construction/security fence in Area 10.
Roadway Work - 7th Avenue, 10th Street, US 1 and Ramps
- Preparing the ground for the exit ramp from the airport to US 1 south in Area 2.
- Driving Piles and preparation of area for US 1 Braided Ramp Area 2.
- Preparation of road bed for US 1 Area 6 and 4.
- Installing utilities lines and preparing the ground along 7th Avenue for the road improvements.
Terminal 3 and 4
- Modernizing and expanding pre-security bathrooms.
- Foundation pile testing on the apron outside of Terminal 4, Concourse H.
- Closed Gate 2 on Concourse F in Terminal 3 in preparation for the connector between Terminals 3 and 4.
Service Road Relocation (Greenbelt)
- Installing a temporary construction fence and signage in Area 11.
- Relocating irrigation in Area 11.
- Relocating trees in Area 11.
Look at a larger version of the Construction Area Map (PDF).
Back to Top