The County-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) is an important component of the Consumer Driven Healthplan design as it can be used to offset copays, deductible and co-insurance incurred under the health plan and pharmacy plan. (Special rules apply if enrolled in a Flexible Spending Account, see Your Benefits & You book for details.)
Some of the key features of the Health Reimbursement Account are:
- The County funds an annual HRA amount based on a tier of coverage enrolled, i.e. Employee Only, Employee + Child (Children), Employee + Spouse, Employee + Family (Expenses for Domestic Partners, Domestic Partner children and Overage dependents are not eligible for reimbursement per the IRS).
- The annual HRA amount is prorated for new hires and newly benefit eligible employees based on month effective in plan.
Annual HRA Allocation
| Tier of Health Coverage
||Annual Amount |
| Employee Only
| Employee + Spouse
| Employee + Children
| Employee + Family
- HRA comes with two myFBMC Visa cards issued in the employee’s name (Employee can give this card to any eligible dependent to use).
- Paper claims can also be submitted for reimbursement instead of using the Visa card.
- Unused balances rollover into the next year and can be used for current year or prior year expenses.
- Balances become vested based on type of separation of employment (Retirement separation — vesting is 20 percent per year beginning the second year of continuous participation — any other type of separation requires six consecutive years of CDH participation).
- Vested balances rollover into a tax advantaged Health Retirement Savings Account with ICMA and can be drawn on tax-free beginning at age 55 for any IRS approved medical or premium expense.
- Per IRS rules, Domestic Partners, children of Domestic Partners and Over Age Dependents (age 26-30) are not eligible to participate in the HRA. The HRA will be adjusted to the next lowest tier of coverage. See Your Benefits & You book for more details.
HOW TO USE YOUR HRA
If your health provider accepts Visa, you can conveniently pay your copay or deductible/co-insurance with your myFBMC Visa card instead of using money out of your pocket. Simply swipe the card as “credit,” not debit. Any “pre-set” copay, such as a Primary Care Physician copay or a specialist copay on the CDH High plan, do not require you to submit any additional back up documentation. However, if the amount you are asked to pay is not one of the plan’s “preset” copays, such as a deductible or co-insurance, you will be able to use your myFBMC Visa card, but you will also be required to follow up and send documentation to FBMC such as an itemized bill/receipt or your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) per IRS rules. Claims requiring additional documentation will be listed in blue or red on your monthly FBMC statement or can be viewed online at www.myfbmc.com. You can also select "Go Green" on their website and receive your notices electronically. Follow up documentation must be submitted to FBMC within 60 days of expense; after 60 days your myFBMC Visa cards may be suspended until documentation is received.
EXPENSES NOT ELIGIBLE UNDER THE HRA:
- Prescriptions purchased at your doctor’s office instead of the pharmacy
- Convenience fees for blood draws at your physician’s office
- Charges for a physician to complete paperwork or copy files
- Dental expenses
- Vision expenses
For more information on your HRA or FSA account, go to www.myfbmc.com.
LOST, STOLEN, OR MISPLACED myFBMC VISA CARDS
If you have lost or misplaced your myFBMC Visa card(s); or if you are a new participant and have not received your myFBMC Visa card, call FBMC Card Services at 888-462-1909 and report it lost. FBMC will cancel your current cards and process new card(s). The process takes approximately 3-4 weeks to receive new cards. Be careful that you do not throw them out as junk mail as they come in a plain white envelope without any logos or identifying information. Although the cards are electronically coded to only allow charges from a health facility (doctor's office, hospital, urgent care, pharmacy, etc.), if you have lost or misplaced your myFBMC Visa card, you should report it to FBMC's Card Services department right away.
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®