The following links provide housing related data at regional and national levels.
- American Housing Survey
Collects national and metropolitan area data on apartments, single-family homes, mobile homes, vacant housing units, household characteristics, income, housing and neighborhood quality, housing costs, and size of housing units.
- Environmental Benefits of Affordable Housing Preservation (PDF)
A fact sheet outlining the data of the environmental benefits of the renovation of existing affordable housing.
- Housing Affordability Data System (PDF)
The Housing Affordability Data System (HADS) is a set of housing-unit level datasets that measure the affordability of housing units and the housing cost burdens of households, relative to area median incomes, poverty level incomes, and Fair Market Rents.
- Housing Market Indicators
The Federal Housing Finance Agency publishes quarterly broad measures of the movement of single-family house prices whose mortgages have been purchased or securitized by Fannie Mae of Freddie Mac.
- Housing Vacancies and Homeownership Rates
Browse the most recent data on the housing vacancies and homeownership data of the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lifecycle Underwriting
Analyzes the costs of affordable multifamily rental housing.
- Preserving Assisted Rental Housing: The National Data Infrastructure
Learn more about the national preservation data infrastructure project and click a state on the map to find out more information. This project was a joint effort from Shimberg Center for Housing Studies and Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
- State of the Nation's Housing in 2012 (PDF) Joint Center for Housing Studies' annual report which asses the housing and foreclosure markets, housing demand, mortgage finance and affordable housing.
- U.S. Census Bureau – 2010 Housing Characteristics
A comprehensive report on data from the 2010 census that highlights housing characteristics from 2000 and 2010 in the nation, regions, states, metropolitan areas, counties and ten most populous cities.
- U.S. Census Bureau Housing Topics Data organized by topics such as financial, physical and vacancies
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Office of Policy Development and Research
Current information on housing needs, market conditions, and existing programs as well as research data housing and community development issues.
- U.S. Housing Market Conditions
Quarterly journal published by HUD. Includes current and historical national data and trends as well as an overview of trends in 10 regional areas. Archive
- Workforce Housing
Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse provides the data regarding workforce housing in Florida community including the comparison of wages to rents and home-ownership costs.
Back to Top
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®