Wi-Fi is available in the meeting room.
This site was designated as a park in the Franklin Park subdivision in 1954 and was later developed as it currently exists. In 1999, in an effort to improve the living conditions of this unincorporated area, Broward County Parks and Recreation was allocated $1.6 million to acquire, develop, and expand the park. The improvements were finished and an opening ceremony was held on June 17, 2000. The improvements to the park included:
a covered basketball court with lights
a walking trail
a 6,000-square-foot community center with a kitchen, office space, storage, restrooms, activity rooms, landscaping, and a parking lot
One of the activity rooms at Franklin Park is outfitted with computers, offering neighborhood residents (adults and children) opportunities to improve their computer skills. The park also offers the free After-School Program for ages 6 to 15, as well as the Summer Recreation Program, which is also provided free of charge.
The park is also home to the Public Art and Design project The Word Garden, by Angela Curreri and Rick Yasko, Broward-based artists who designed a colored, patterned concrete walkway encircling the park's playground. Along the walkway, the artists placed seven colored concrete benches engraved with the Seven Principles of Kwanzaa in both Swahili and English, along with seven inspirational quotes, each related to a specific principle. According the Curreri and Yasko's statement, they "met with the Franklin Park community many times during [our] five years working in this neighborhood. The community repeatedly expressed the desire for the project to be both inspirational and educational."
2501 Franklin Dr., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311