Applying for or Renewing a Chauffeur's Registration
- Apply in person*
- Complete an application (PDF)
- Pay fee of $64*
- Bring your driver’s license with you
- Bring one or more of the following: (whichever applies)
- U. S. Passport or Birth/Citizenship/Naturalization Certificate
- Resident Card
- Employment Authorization Card/Documentation
- Native American Tribal Document
- Applicants need to apply at our office located at 1 N. University Dr., Plantation, FL 33324; Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We recommend you review the Chauffeur's Code of Conduct (PDF) and Chauffeur's Registration Study Guide (PDF) prior to submitting your application.
- There will be an additional charge for out of state records. We accept cash, credit card (except American Express), or money order. Make money order payable to: Broward County Board of County Commissioners.
- New applicants may not drive a vehicle-for-hire until their license is issued.
- License expires every two years.
- Renewal applicants are granted a temporary registration while their application is pending.
In addition, you must:
- Pass a chauffeur's registration test (renewal applicants are not required to pass a test)
- Pass a driving record and criminal background investigation
If you provide all of the above and pass your test, we will mail your license to you within four weeks. (depending on the amount of applicants)
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®