The Broward County Parks and Recreation Division is committed to protecting public property and facilities and to providing park patrons with safe places for recreation and the enjoyment of nature. Our Rules and Regulations are designed to inform and educate visitors about how to help ensure their own safety and security while visiting our parks.
Park management is responsible for providing a safe environment for both visitors and staff. The Division partners with local law enforcement to provide prompt response in the event of an emergency. Should you witness a crime in progress or see suspicious activity in a park, please contact the manager on duty immediately.
Managers are also available to perform a variety of nonemergency functions:
- Conflict resolution
- Enforcing park rules and regulations
- Locating lost children
- Providing directions
- Responding to alarms at Division facilities
- Routine patrol of park areas and facilities
- Securing and opening gates, doors, and restrooms
- Special event detail
- Traffic control
Theft from parked vehicles is up dramatically in some municipalities, and our parks are not immune. Don’t be a victim – take basic steps to protect yourself and your property:
- Avoid transferring valuables to the trunk once you have reached your destination.
- Be aware of other people in the parking lot when you exit your vehicle.
- Don’t leave anything of value in your vehicle.
- Keep windows fully closed.
- Never leave your doors unlocked.
This last step is crucial. Never leave personal items in plain sight in your vehicle. Among the items most often stolen from vehicles:
- Audio equipment
- Cameras and related equipment
- Cell phones
- Gym bags
- Jewelry and watches
- Laptop computers
- Purses and wallets
- Spare change
- Toolboxes and power tools