Our mission is to protect public safety, health and welfare by:Ensuring
- Construction in unincorporated Broward County and also cities we contract with conform to the Florida Building Code and all other laws, ordinances, resolutions and regulations regarding construction, code enforcement, unsafe structure/minimum housing regulations, and elevator safety.
- Mandates in Chapter 399 of the Florida State Statutes regarding elevator safety are monitored and strictly enforced.
- A fair, safe and competitive marketplace by providing consumer protection and regulatory compliance by enforcing the Broward County Consumer Protection Code to protect the public from unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- Licenses to approximately 12,000 tradespeople to perform construction work in Broward County and enforcing Chapter 9 of the Broward County Code of Ordinances and Chapter 489 of the Florida State Statutes regarding investigations of complaints received involving licensed and unlicensed contractors.
- For cases involving violations of the Florida Building Code Enforcement to be prosecuted before the Code Enforcement Board’s Hearing Officer for final disposition.
- Shelter, veterinary services and placement of companion animals that have been either abandoned by their owners or are living feral within county lines.
- Proper rabies vaccination and licensing of cats and dogs to protect their ongoing health and safety and eliminate their potential harm to people.