Florida Contractor License Verification
Florida State Statute 489.113(c)
"The local government may also deny issuance of, or may suspend, any outstanding building permit where a contractor fails or refuses to provide proof of public liability and property damage insurance coverage as required by s. 489.115(5) and workers' compensation insurance coverage as required by s. 489.114."
Please Note: A verified contractor license is only valid in unincorporated Broward County or in areas where the Go SOLAR Online Permitting System is used to pull a permit. If you are planning to perform work within an incorporated area, please check with the city where you plan to pull the permit.
To complete verification, please submit a copy of each of the following with your verification form:
- A copy of your Florida Contractor License
- A copy of your certificate of general liability insurance*
- A copy of your certificate of workers' compensation insurance or a waiver stating exeption
- A copy of your Florida Driver License
- Broward County Permitting, Licensing and Consumer Protection Division must be listed as a certificate holder on your certificate(s) of insurance:
Permitting, Licensing and Consumer Protection Division
1 N. University Dr, Bldg B
Plantation, FL 33324
A $25 processing will apply. We accept cash (in person only), check, credit card (PDF)
(except American Express) or money order. Make checks payable to: Broward County Board of County Commissioners