Bulky waste includes household items such as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances, carpets, padding and fencing. It also includes yard waste such as tree trimmings, branches, palm fronds, lumber and metal poles. To ensure bulky waste pickup, follow these guidelines:
- Collection takes place once per month. Check the collection schedule for more information.
- Place bulky waste items curbside in a neat and orderly manner before 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. (Collection will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.)
- Cut and securely bundle tree trimmings, branches, palm fronds, etc.
- Bundles must not exceed 4 feet in length and 50 pounds in weight. Bundled yard waste will only be collected on your monthly bulky waste day.
- Cut tree trunks, logs, and large limbs into sections not to exceed 4 feet in length and 50 pounds in weight and stack neatly at the curb.
- Cut lumber, metal poles and similar items into sections not to exceed 4 feet and tie into bundles of 50 pounds or less.
- Roll and securely tie rugs, carpets and padding, fencing, and other similar items.
- Yard waste must comply with the 4/50 rule in order to be collected with bulky waste.
- Yard waste such as tree trimmings, branches, palm fronds, horticultural materials, lumber, and metal poles must be cut and bundled.
- Bundles must be less than 4 feet in any direction and less than 50 pounds in weight.
- Tree trunks, logs and large limbs must be less than 4 feet in length and weigh less than 50 pounds.
This rule applies to items placed out for bulky waste collection ONLY. Bundled yard waste will not be collected on your garbage collection days.
Haulers will not pick up the following:
- Construction, remodeling, and demolition debris, including concrete materials and bricks or brickwork.
- Automotive parts including automotive bodies, engines, transmissions, batteries, large truck tires, mounted automobile tires, as well as marine parts.
- Materials/waste from commercial operations, including lawn/yard services.
- Loose items, unbundled tree trimmings, and branches.
- Oil, paints, insecticides, chemicals, and other hazardous waste.
- Excessive matter or debris resulting from land clearing and/or land development.
Bulky waste items placed in a disorderly or hazardous manner will not be collected.
Do not place bulky waste items out for collection more than 24 hours prior to the collection day.
Unacceptable items will not be moved to reach acceptable items.
Items for collection must not be placed next to a mailbox, fire hydrant, cable box, utility pole or close to a fence or vehicle.
Do not place items in a vacant lot – they will not be collected.